Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Importance of Realizing Imperfections

You know, it always amazes me when others deem their lives to be much more important than the lives of others. I'm not talking about literal lives, as in living and breathing,  the functioning of a human being. Not at all. 
I'm talking about the daily act of living  .. one's hopes, dreams,  goals, doing that which you love or want.  I'm talking a LIVING.  But what astounds me the most, is the fact that so many people are preoccupied with their daily routines and their own wants and desires... which makes it difficult for us to actually SEE others and the struggles they go through.

Sure.. I have problems.  Everyone does. But that doesn't mean that anything going on in my life is more important than what is happening with someone else. The truth is... we all struggle along and we all have demons to fight.  Such is being human.

Instead of solely focusing on ourselves and our problems... perhaps it's time to focus on others and what they need to be happy and successful in life. This requires patience, intentionality and the desire to make a difference. Life isn't easy. Be the person who stays with a friend or family through the hard times and express empathy and caring for someone else and the struggles they face.

Live life as if today were your very last day and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m a Terrible Blogger!

 Actually, I pretty much just let life and my depression take over me for awhile. So I stopped writing.  What a shame it is that the times w...