Sunday, February 18, 2018

Real Life With 9 Kids

I'M A MOM. Those 3 words by themselves,  not such a big deal, there are lots and lots of moms in this big world of ours.  So, let me add to that. I'M A MOM... WITH 9 KIDS. There. That's the short and simple of my complicated reality. I have 9 awesome children... who might just end up being the death of me. 

9 kids is a lot. I mean, a lot. There's never a moment of quiet in my house... if it's quiet, the kids are either gone or sick or something.  We're always overrun with kids and chaos. There's always something going on and something needing to be done. 

Life with kids is messy. Life with 9 kids, even messier. There are 9 amazing human beings that I'm responsible for raising into responsible, compassionate, productive adults. That's a huge undertaking, and it can be overwhelming at times. .. especially when everything happens all at once. 

9 kids means dishes and laundry are constantly piling up, there's clutter everywhere, no one has enough space and there are lots of arguments and disagreements. My bathroom - especially  with 7 boys and a husband - is in a constant state of disarray, the toilet seat is left up half the time, someone almost always forgets to flush or replace the toilet paper roll.

Milk is a hot commodity around here, along with bread and bananas. We run out frequently and often have to make quick store runs.. feeding 7 to 9 kids at any given time is expensive and requires a lot of planning and energy. 

But, with all the challenges and crisis moments that come with raising 9 kids... we also have a lot of love. We have built in friends and playmates, we have a built in support system,  everyone has each other's backs and we have a strong family. I wouldn't trade this crazy life of mine for anything. My children are amazing and they inspire me daily to keep trying and to do better, for them and myself. 

With 9 kids, we have a challenge to meet. My husband stepped into this already made family of myself and 9 kids and just dived right in and started helping. We are blessed to have each other and all these wonderful kids.  My heart overflows with love and gratitude for my blessings, even when things get hard.

That's real life with 9 kids.


Life,love,home, family, real,life,mom,mommy,momlife,9kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m a Terrible Blogger!

 Actually, I pretty much just let life and my depression take over me for awhile. So I stopped writing.  What a shame it is that the times w...